A cowboy boot made of goat skin leather is a perfect combination of soft, supple texture and increased durability. The porous nature of the material achieves the soft feel of this leather. The breathability makes it ideal for extended wear. Best of all, this material only gets softer the more you wear the shoes.
A Few Highlights About Goat Skin Leather
Goat skin has a very tight grain with beautiful ridges that stand out on cowboy and cowgirl boots. When tanned, it is durable but lightweight enough not to undermine comfort. This material produces lanolin naturally, making boots waterproof.
Since this material originally came as an export from Morocco, the type is often called Moroccan leather.
Goat Skin Vs. Other Types of Leather
Goat skin is often preferred over other types of leather. Here are just a few reasons why.
- Heavier and more durable than sheepskin.
- Provides more insulation than lambskin.
- Good insulation makes sure you stay cool in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- Offers more flexibility than cowhide.
How Ethical Is Goat Leather?
Genuine goat skin leather is considered eco-leather. Goat skin is a by-product of other industries, such as the dairy industry. This lets you feel good that the animal was not raised just for its skin.
Goat Skin Cowboy Boots Require Minimal Care
To keep your cowboy footwear looking amazing, perform these basic maintenance tasks:
- Store out of direct sunlight.
- Keep them in a breathable cloth bag when not wearing the shoes.
- Remove any stains immediately with a damp cloth.
- Never put them in a washing machine.
- Apply conditioner routinely to protect the material and keep the shoes looking beautiful.
Old Country Handmade Custom Boots
Old Country makes high-quality handmade custom cowboy boots and leather goods. We carry a gorgeous selection of custom cowgirl boots. Visit our online catalog to search for your preferred size and style.